i don’t think i’ve ever agreed with anything more than what this man is saying
watch this. seriously
yes yes yes yes yes
this is amazing
this guy is so sick
I needed this right now. Anyone taking finals needs this right now.
I’m about to turn 30. I could have been valedictorian when I graduated High School but I was too lazy to complete the forms. I have a Bachelor’s from DeVry, where I left with an average 3.2 carrying an average course load of 18 credit hours (peak 24, nadir 14). I also have an Associate’s from a local college, and I am Phi Theta Kappa there.
Here’s what I can tell you.
No employer has ever asked for my GPA. No employer ever gave a SHIT about my grades. DeVry only cared about my ACT score, and my Bachelor’s lost me jobs because I was “overqualified”. Now that I’m using my Associate’s, no one cares about my grades, or degree. My employer cares about A) my hours, B) my practical quals.
Unless you’re pushing for the Ivy League, no one is going to care about your grades. Ever. Amen. So I say to you this: 3.0 or above works for most but honestly, just get a good score on your ACT or SAT (and remember, you can retake it!). College is not a guarantee of a good life or even a paycheck. If anything it’s a near-guarantee of crippling debt.
THAT DOES NOT MEAN DO NOT GO, but for god’s sake do your research on your degree. Know what to expect. Colleges are marketing departments and will tell you sweet lies to get your money because college doesn’t care and won’t coddle you.
DO SOMETHING THAT YOU LOVE. Find a way to make money in a way that you enjoy. It might not be the thing you enjoy most, but if you like it and it pays for what you enjoy most, well. That might be good enough.
Read. Travel. Take risks. Fuck up, try again. But enjoy it.
this dude is A++++
watch this watch this watch this watch this watch this this is everything I believe about our backwards education system and more watch this watch this watch this watch this
Look, I made a gif of this most awesome wizard at the Leaky Cauldron!
DUDE IS READING ‘A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME’ BY STEPHEN HAWKING
I NEVER REALIZED
are you serious
I always assumed wizards just ignored science, because the fact that “magic” exists, can explain anything. But there are MuggleBorn wizards, ones who, until they were eleven, lived in the real world and learned science and things. Did they all just abandon that normal, muggle knowledge, like Harry did? It’s always been there, itching in the back of my mind.
FOUR FOR YOU SCIENCE WIZARD
YOU GO SCIENCE WIZARD
can we point out that he’s doing wandless magic too
like voldemort couldnt even do that shit
molly fuckin weasley couldnt fuckin do that
who are you
pretty sure this whole series has been about the wrong wizard guys
Plot Twist: He is able to do wandless magic because his comprehensive understanding of quantum physics means that he is the only wizard/witch to actually understand how magic works.
You could not possibly understand how happy this makes me.
I have hope for the wizarding world again.
I SWEAR, OH, MY GOD. FOREVER REBLOG UNTIL THERE IS A FANFIC ABOUT THIS GUY.
reblog if your url holds deep, spiritual meaning for you
YOU DON’T OWE YOUR PARENTS ANYTHING
IT WAS THEIR CHOICE TO HAVE, KEEP AND RAISE YOU BUT IT WASN’T YOUR CHOICE TO BE THEIR CHILD
ANY EXPECTATIONS OR IDEALS THEY TRY AND ENFORCE ON YOU ARE BULLSHIT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM
THEY SHOULD ACCEPT THEIR CHILD AS THEY ARE NOT JUDGE THEM ON A MINOR DETAIL THAT DOESN’T AFFECT THEIR LIFE
DO NOT FEEL BAD IF YOU AREN’T THE PERFECT CHILD YOUR PARENTS THINK YOU SHOULD BE
needed this. maybe you do too.
I’m gonna cry omfg this is not ok
IT’S NOT FUCKING OKAY TO MESS WITH THE FEELINGS. GOING TO GO CRY IN A CORNER NOW.
Wow, That’s beautiful.
DON’T MAKE ME CRY ;’C
this broke my heart :cc
gonna cry omg :((((
this hurt like a bitch!
Here come the feels
Omg this made me cry :’(
I’m sorry I made you all cry aw
- Daniel Randcliffe's favorite HP book is Chamber of Secrets, Emma Watson's favorite HP book is Prisoner of Azkaban and Rupert Grint's favorite HP book is The Goblet of Fire.
- Neville asked the Sorting Hat to be put in Hufflepuff because he found Gryffindor's reputation bravery intimidating.
- Most of the members of the Black family are named after stars.
- Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under the effects of a Love Potion.
- The first Harry Potter novel was published in 1998, the same year that the final Battle of Hogwarts take place. "I open at the close."
- J.K. Rowling has said that when she took an online Sorting Hat quiz it sorted her into Hufflepuff.
- Both Sirius and Fred, Hogwarts pranksters from different generations, died laughing.
- Tom Marvolo Riddle is also an anagram for "immortal odd lover."
- Slytherin house was the first and last house mentioned in the series.
- October 9 of 1995, Dumbledore's Army meets in the Room of Requirement for the first time to practice the Disarming Charm.
- In the movie scene "Nineteen Years Later", Tom Felton's girlfriend Jade Gordon makes an appearance as Draco's wife, Astoria Greengrass.
- Voldemort is bald because this way people can't use his hair in a Polyjuice Potion.
- Ron's Patronus is a Jack Russel Terrier, which are know for chasing otters. Hermione's Patronus happens to be an otter.
- Voldemort's Boggart would take the shape of his own corpse, since death was his greatest fear.
- Voldemort was 71 years old when he died on May 2, 1998.
- A Patronus is a physical representation of one's soul. Since James Potter's is a stag and Lily's is a doe, they are literally soul mates.
- Molly Weasley's brothers Gideon and Fabian were killed by Death Eaters in the first war.
- Even though he feared death, Voldemort could not become a ghost because his soul was so damaged.
- George would never be able to evoke a Patronus Charm after Fred's death.
- A Patronus often mutates to take the image of the love one's life because they so often become the happy thought that generates a Patronus.
- Bellatrix Lestrange is actually in love with Voldemort.
- After Kingsley Shacklebolt became the new Minister of Magic, he told all who participated in the Battle of Hogwarts they could have a job as an Auror without N.E.W.T.s.
- Snape hates Neville so much because Neville could have been the other Chosen One, meaning that Lily would have survived.
- The third scent Hermione could smell emanating from the Amortentia (love potion) was that of Ron's hair.
- Minerva McGonagall played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team while she attended Hogwarts.
- The Elder Wand is the only known wand in existence with a hair from the tail of a Thestral at its core.
- Dumbledore was gay, and he was in love with Grindelwald.
- Spock: don't do the thing
- Kirk: I'M GOING TO DO THE THING
why the fuck cant we text the police
lets say there is a murderer in ur house and you’re hiding behind your sofa and you do have your phone with you but you can’t call the police because the murderer might hear you
Here in Canada you can
Here in England we just… scream and run
Here in Scotland we paint our faces and run towards the murderer
Here in Australia you are the murderer